My Election Appeal
Dear Residents of Southampton Itchen,
This election is one of the most important for years.
Labour were elected 13 years ago with a promise to deliver great improvements. Yet despite more money put into public services, the gains have not matched the extra cash. The problem has been too much meddling from the centre.
Worse still, Labour did nothing to avoid the rising level of debt and the banking crisis, despite Lib Dem Shadow Chancellor, Vince Cable, warning of the growing problem years ago.
The Conservative's now say they are now all about change. The truth is they are still conservative by name and nature.
The only major party with real policies to effect change that works for you, to create a fairer and greener Britain, are the Liberal Democrats.
The Lib Dem promise is for:
- Fairer Taxes - decreasing the average income tax bill by £700 and removing many the lowest paid from income tax completely
- Simplified benefit system - to stop people being trapped in it
- Fair start - with extra help for pupils who need it and smaller class sizes to benefit all children
- Greener future - by creating jobs to make Britain greener, with investment in public transport, renewable energy and energy efficient homes.
- Fair future - with a chance to start work with a lower burden of debt after the abolition of university tuition fees.
- A fair deal to you - making politicians more accountable by giving you the right to sack corrupt MPs and by changing the voting to remove the 'safe seat'
All we need is your vote, so even if you normally don't vote, please vote Liberal Democrat. We really are different and can bring about change for the better.
Remember: Labour & the Tories both voted for the Iraq war; saw no looming banking crisis; want to keep council tax & tuition fees - for a change that works for you vote Lib Dem